Friday, April 16, 2010

Kiln Results at P.A. Lowery Art Tiles























After firing over 20 tiles, I opened the kiln on Wednesday. I delivered most of these tiles to my frame maker this week so the custom frames could be made.

Shown here are the two small tiles that I first wrote about on April 1. I am pleased with the "Fern Trail" landscape (last tile shown) but I am considering glazing and firing again, the "Oak Trail" (far right tile in second row). I want to try to see if I can soften the color of the stems and give the background a bit more color.

Also shown are a few of the other tiles (Goldfinch Duet, Ivy Frog and Savanna Tree) that were in the firing.

Stay tuned, my next post will feature something entirely different!

1 comment:

  1. That frog tile is nice.
    Looks like a real happy frog.

    ReplyDelete